5.29: How To Avoid Online Security Headaches. With Facebook, Mozilla, Impermium, DHS, Ars Technica
If you're running a business that relies on the internet to succeed, online security protocols need to be front-and-center in your business planning -- not an afterthought. Too many startups neglect to invest properly in their security infrastructure, often citing that being popular enough to get hacked would be a good problem to have. WRONG. Startups need to be locked down from day one. And they need to be proactive and aggressive in their approach to security. Passive defense and adhering to minimum compliance standards are a recipe for disaster.
On Wednesday, May 29th, we've assembled some of the top experts in online security who will share their experiences, and provide tips and tricks to help make your startup bulletproof.
This is a VERY special event.
We'll receive expert advice from:
* Joe Sullivan, Chief Security Officer of Facebook
* Michael Coates, Director of Security Assurance at Mozilla
* Mark Risher, CEO/Founder, of Impermium
* Deron McElroy, Director of Regional Partnerships, Cybersecurity and Communications (CS&C) at U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Invited)
* Dan Goodin, IT Security Editor at Ars Technica (Moderating)
Join us and get secure!
Register @ http://areyousecure.eventbrite.com