SF NEW TECH HOLIDAY-TIME FUNDRAISING HAS….
* Helped rebuild classrooms that were destroyed by tropical storm Isaac in Haiti (via the Hands Together to Defend the Children Orphanage)
* Provided dinner to 500 families in NY & NJ that were dislocated due to super-storm Sandy (via The River Fund Mobile Pantry);
* Provided 1 child in India with quality education for 1 year (via Non Formal Education Centres);
* Provided enough needles and syringes to vaccinate over 625 Somalian children (via Merlin USA).
* Trained one woman as a community health worker in Afghanistan, who will assist 9,000 women annually, in turn, saving thousands of women who would have lost their lives or the lives of their babies during pregnancy and delivery (via Creating Hope International).
* Helped provide a health worker with enough needles and syringes to provide over 1,000 vaccinations to children in clinics in Kenya, Ethiopia and Somalia (via Merlin’s emergency response in East Africa).
* Purchased a water treatment system for 2 families in earthquake and Cholera ravaged Haiti (via Haiti Hospital Appeal).
* Paid for books and a uniform for 1 war-torn and impoverished South Sudanese child for 1 year (via Omdurman Family Project).
* Supported civil society movements in Egypt, and protect citizen media and other independent news sources, as well as circumvent internet censorship in Egypt, Syria, and Iran by helping Access keep its servers running on the Tor Network (via Access).
* Conserved 5 acres of the Tanzanian rainforest (about the size of 4 football fields) for one year (via Tanzania Forest Conservation Group).
* Saved the life of a newborn by providing an Embrace Infant Warmer, an innovative low-cost warmer designed to provide thermal support to preterm newborns, in India this winter. (Via Embrace)
* Provided a complete 2 month treatment of the revolutionary, nutrient-rich Plumpy’nut® food to 1 child in Niger who is suffering from the worst form of malnutrition. (Via Edesia)
* Payed for supplies for job training and support (stationary, books, training curriculum and pens) for one young woman who has been exposed to the foster care and the juvenile justice system in San Francisco. (Via Spark)
* Bought a Guatemalan family a goat to help and improve their children’s potential in life. (Via Save The Children)
* Provided 2 Rocket stoves plus hands-on training to 2 Haitian women who’s families were displaced by the devastating 7.1 earthquake so they may cook their family’s food safely. (Via Trees, Water & People)
* Provided a loan for 1 impoverished woman in rural East Africa to start a business to help support her family. (Via Women’s Microfinance Initiative)
* Purchased 2,000 water purification tablets to treat 10,000 liters of water for at-risk communities in need of clean water. (Via UNICEF Tap Project)
* Provided 3 emergency clean birthing kits, including a bar of soap, clear plastic sheet, razor blade, an umbilical cord tie, cloth and latex gloves to help deliver safe babies in crisis situations and locales. (Via UNFPA)
* Helped to fight & end child sex slavery in the U.S by helping 3 Generations redesign & enhance their current website to fully utilize the latest social media tools & broaden their reach. (Via 3 Generations)